Recipe by Art's Protege
This makes an easy weekend breakfast or a quick supper. Came up with it on my own after trying corned beef hash for the first time in a pancake house in Georgia. We prefer it with the added spice but it is optional n'est ce pas.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for the Spring PAC 2011 for my adopted baby...soooo easy and delicious. I did use a red pepper, a poblano pepper (for a little mild heat and that is what I had) and a little fresh minced garlic. I had never used the cajun seasoning in hash and we enjoyed it. Also I usually make hash with leftover cooked corn beef but this made it simple. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (Vidalia when available)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (340 g) can corned beef, cubed
- 1 (750 g) package frozen hash browns
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (optional) or 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In electric frying pan or large skillet saute onions and peppers until onions soften.
- Add corned beef; continue to cook until cubes fall apart.
- Add frozen hash browns.
- Add seasoning if desired.
- Cook, stirring often until potatoes are done and start to brown.