Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes an easy weekend breakfast or a quick supper. Came up with it on my own after trying corned beef hash for the first time in a pancake house in Georgia. We prefer it with the added spice but it is optional n'est ce pas.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (Vidalia when available)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (340 g) can corned beef, cubed
- 1 (750 g) package frozen hash browns
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (optional) or 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- In electric frying pan or large skillet saute onions and peppers until onions soften.
- Add corned beef; continue to cook until cubes fall apart.
- Add frozen hash browns.
- Add seasoning if desired.
- Cook, stirring often until potatoes are done and start to brown.
Made this for the Spring PAC 2011 for my adopted baby...soooo easy and delicious. I did use a red pepper, a poblano pepper (for a little mild heat and that is what I had) and a little fresh minced garlic. I had never used the cajun seasoning in hash and we enjoyed it. Also I usually make hash with leftover cooked corn beef but this made it simple. Thank you for a wonderful recipe.
Fixed this tonight for dinner. I did not have any red peppers so I used banana and jalapena peppers out of my garden. Very easy to make. Only thing missing I think is that it needs a little salt but I will be making this again. Made for PAC Fall 09.