Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Best Kept Secret's of the Women's Institute. Make sure you use unsalted butter as the anchovies will provide enough saltiness. Serve with crackers.
- 3 (50 g) cans anchovy fillets
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 150 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Drain the anchovy fillets and soak in the milk for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain off the milk.
- Put the anchovies, butter, black pepper and cayenne pepper into a food processor and puree to a smooth paste.
- Pot into a small cooled, sterilised jar and seal.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.