1/1 Photo of Gene’s Andalucian Valley Chicken #RSC
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. My mom being of Spanish heritage had many delicious recipes that she would make for special friends and dinner parties. This is one of my favorites because it has a hint of romance and flavors. This is my variation on her recipe. Enjoy !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 ounces sherry wine
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half
- 4 red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup green Spanish olives
- 3 ounces virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups water
- salt or pepper
- 1Soak the dried cranberries in the Sherry for at least 1 hour.
- 2Combine the shallots, red onion, parsley, lemon juice and orange juice in a large bowl and mix well.
- 3Marinate the chicken breast pieces in this mix for about 5 minutes.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix the Package of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix with the Onion Powder and Garlic Powder.
- 5Remove the chicken from the marinade* ( Do not Discard ).
- 6Dredge and Coat each piece of Chicken Breast with the dry mixture.
- 7Heat Olive Oil in a large Pot, to medium high and brown chicken breast pieces.
- 8When done, remove chicken breasts from pot.
- 9Add the* Marinade Mix to the pot, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- 10Pour the soaked cranberries with the Sherry into the Pot and mix.
- 11Add red potatoes, carrots, almonds, olives and bay leaf to Pot.
- 12Add the Chicken and water.
- 13Gently mix all ingredients together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 14Bring heat to medium, cover and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 15After 30 minutes add the corn, stir and cover.
- 16Lower heat to Simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- 17Arrange Chicken Pieces and Vegetables in a Serving Platter.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gene’s Andalucian Valley Chicken #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (570 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.4
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 250.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix