1/1 Photo of Gemischter Rohkost Salat (Mixed Salad Plate)
A German mixed vegetable salad dressed with a sweet vinaigrette made with apple cider vinegar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large celery root
- vinaigrette (see below)
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 cups cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 15 ounces beets, drained
- 1 head butter lettuce
- tomato, wedges
- 1Peel celery root. Cut into 1/4-inch-wide slices. Cut slices into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Place in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil on high heat; reduce to a simmer. Simmer until just barely tender. Drain. Place in a bowl. Toss with enough vinaigrette to very lightly coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2Place carrots in a separate bowl. Toss with enough vinaigrette to very lightly coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3Place cucumbers in a separate bowl. Toss with enough vinaigrette to very lightly coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- 4Place beets in a separate bowl. Toss with enough vinaigrette to very lightly coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- 5Presentation: Arrange butter lettuce on a platter. Arrange the four salads separately on lettuce and garnish with tomato wedges and dill sprigs.
- 6**To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together 2 to 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, 2/3 cup water and 2/3 cup cider vinegar, while continuing to whisk, add 2/3 cup vegetable oil in a slow stream, mixing well. Whisk in salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top German Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All German Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gemischter Rohkost Salat (Mixed Salad Plate)
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 86.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: