Recipe by Cookiegirlandi
Yummmmm. This is a wonderful appy or salad when asked to bring a dish (bring veggies on the side). Great for a BBQ or a hot summer night dinner. I make this often in the summer when veggies are garden fresh. This is from my Mastercook collection. Florida Tomato Committee.
- 680.38 g fresh garden tomatoes
- 236.59 ml chopped peeled cucumber (1 medium)
- 236.59 ml chopped green pepper (1 large)
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 118.29 ml bottled Italian dressing
- 283.49 g package prepared pizza crust
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (4 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Use tomatoes held at room temperature until fully ripe.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes (makes about 4-1/2 cups).
- In a large bowl, toss tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onion and Italian dressing until well combined.
- Place pizza crust on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with tomato mixture.
- Serve immediately.