Recipe by Northwest Lynnie
This recipe contains a flavorful and simple technique for grilling beef steak, which also works well on pork ribs. The result is savory, juicy meat.
Top Review by Kim D.
Delicious steaks! I halved the recipe and used 2 New York Strip steaks. I used "hot" cayenne pepper and the steaks had a nice "kick". Will make again! Thanks Northwest Lynnie for the recipe!
- 4 rib eye steaks or 4 New York strip steaks or 4 sirloin steaks (1 1/2" thick)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the hot water, salt, and cayenne pepper together and let stand, covered.
- Bring steaks to room temperature.
- Pat them dry with paper towels.
- Grill steaks over direct heat, basting each side twice with a small spoonful of the pepper mixture during grilling.
- Cook the steaks for about 10 minutes per side, depending on their thickness, the heat of your flame, and your preference for degree of doneness.
- I prefer to grill with charcoal for its added flavor.