Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Good for luncheons, buffets, potlucks, etc. I originally got this recipe from a coworker in Michigan about 14 years ago.
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 8 ounces rotelle pasta, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets, cooked 2 minutes in boiling water, rinsed, drained and chilled
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus, cut in 1 inch pieces, cooked 2 minutes in boiling water, rinsed, drained and chilled
- 1 cup pea pods, cooked 2 minutes in boiling water, rinsed, drained and chilled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, pasta, and vegetables.
- Toss with Gatehouse salad dressing (recipe #162556--use the whole salad dressing recipe yield).
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Right before you are ready to serve, mix in the 1/2 cup mayonnaise.
Wow this was so good! The only thing I changed was to cook the broccoli and asparagus (left the pea pods out, daughter is allergic) using Stir-Fried Asparagus With Garlic and Shallots in Chili Oil to add a bit more seasoning. I'm not generally a huge fan of cold chicken, but I guarantee this will be made at least once a week in our house for a quick and nutritious lunch! Thanks so much Donna! (LOL I apologize to anyone who read this review before and thought I used Crunchy Cookies to cook my veggies. Bet that was a tad bit confusing!)