Recipe by Kizzikate
When the season is right, blue crabs shed their hard shell. These soft shell crabs are a Southern delicacy,!! Just make sure to buy only the active, waving crabs. Have them cleaned when you purchase them.
- 2 very fresh soft shelled crabs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the crabs with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Dip the crab into flour, dredge well on both sides. Shake off any excess flour.
- Heat a medium skillet over high heat. Reduce heat to medium high.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add garlic, saute 1 minute, being careful not to burn.
- Place crabs into hot butter. Cook 4-6 minutes. Turn; cook another 4-6 minutes. Crabs will be golden brown and crispy.
- Remove crabs to plates.
- Saute the green onion in pan for 1 minute more. Pour this sauce over the crabs & serve.