1/1 Photo of Garlicky Spinach Rice
Found this on a website and LOVE this recipe!!! I've served it with grilled chicken breasts or even just eat it on its own. So good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the rice in a rice cooker, or according to the directions on the package. (Don't make it too dry... a little moisture will help it all stick together later!)
- 2Wash the spinach well-- spinach tends to be very gritty.
- 3Chop off the bottom 1" or so of the stems; tear or chop the remaining leaves and stems into 2"-3" long sections.
- 4Toss the spinach into a pot, along with 1/4 cup of water.
- 5Heat on high; when the water boils, cover the pot.
- 6Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the spinach is wilted.
- 7Drain and set aside.
- 8In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp.
- 9olive oil on medium.
- 10When the oil is hot (throw in a piece of garlic and it sizzles), add the chopped garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until the garlic begins to soften and turn translucent.
- 11Add the drained spinach and sauté for another couple of minutes.
- 12Season to taste with salt and plenty of pepper.
- 13Add the cooked rice and stir well to combine.
- 14Taste, then add more salt and pepper as necessary.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Spinach Rice
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 142.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 14.9 g