Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Use frozen lima beans (10 oz package) if necessary. You can buy roasted garlic in a tube, which makes it easy to squeeze out the amount you want (I prefer roasting my own and then making the paste - more cost efficient.) You can find the tube in the spice section of the supermarket. Cooking Light Magazine, June 2008 edition.
- 2 cups fresh lima beans
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons roasted garlic paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced red onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Sort and wash beans; drain and place in a medium saucepan.
- Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender & drain.
- Place beans and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Serve with summer vegetable crudités such as whole radishes, baby carrots, endive leaves, zucchini, and yellow squash strips.