Recipe by Hey Jude
We love cauliflower and I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it. I usually avoid anchovies but gave it a shot with this recipe and we really enjoyed them. I found this in the Chicago Tribune.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 salted anchovies, rinsed, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 lbs baby cauliflower florets (about 6 cups) or 1 1⁄4 lbs regular cauliflower florets (about 6 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil and anchovies in a skillet over medium-low heat; cook, stirring, until anchovies begin to melt into the oil, about 1 minute.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook until garlic softens, about 3 minutes; add cauliflower florets and 1/2 cup water; cover, cook on medium-low until the florets are soft enough to be pierced with a knife, but not so soft that they can be crushed, about 7 minutes.
- Uncover; raise heat to high, cook, stirring, until water evaporates, leaving a thin layer of syrup in the bottom of the pan, about 5 minutes.
- Add capers and parsley and season with salt.