1/2 Photos of Garlic & Rosemary Cornish Game Hens
1 hr 15 mins
I adore garlic so here is yet another recipe using it! I don't know who gave this recipe to me, I found it this weekend in a kitchen drawer! I hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 450.
- 2Rinse and pat dry game hens.
- 3Season cavities lightly with salt& pepper.
- 4Cut lemon into 4 wedges.
- 5Place 1 wedge inside each hen along with 1 sprig of the rosemary and 1 clove peeled garlic Rub outside of hens with 1 tbl of oil.
- 6Season outside of hen lightly with salt& pepper.
- 7Place hens in pan placing peeled garlic around all.
- 8Roast hens for appx 25 minutes at 450.
- 9Reduce temp to 350 and pour wine, broth and remaining oil over hens.
- 10Continue to cook for about 25 minutes (or until juice from thickest part runs clear) Be sure to baste about every 10 minutes in this final cooking time.
- 11Remove hens from pan and pour remaining juices as well as any juices from the cavities into medium saucepan Boil juices about 6 to 8 minutes (or until desired consistency).
- 12Arrange hens on plates and spoon sauce and garlic over and around each, add additional rosemary as a garnish if you like.
- 13The 4-8 servings is that you can cut the hens in half to double the servings.
- 14This goes very well with a light salad and rice pilaf (and of course a glass of wine).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic & Rosemary Cornish Game Hens
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.1
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 217.4 mg
- Sodium 228.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 49.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: