Spicy, tasty shrimp! Don't attempt to make without the SMOKED paprika ... it makes the dish and regular paprika won't taste the same at all. Good on a buffet, but will result in fewer servings when served as an entree. Recipe can easily be cut in half. Adapted from Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 3 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch triangles
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1Spray two 13x9x2-inch metal baking pans with nonstick spray. Mix shrimp, peppers, oil, garlic, smoked paprika, and cayenne in a large bowl to coat.
- 2Divide mixture between prepared pans, arranging shrimp in single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. If desired, you can prepare ahead to this point, cover and chill up to 8 hours.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F Roast shrimp 10 minutes. Turn shrimp; sprinkle with oregano. Roast until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 7 minutes longer.
- 4Transfer shrimp and peppers to a platter. Place pans over 2 burners on medium heat. Add half of the sherry to each pan; boil until reduced by half, scraping up the browned bits, about 2 minutes. Drizzle over shrimp and serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Roasted Shrimp, Red Peppers & Smoked Paprika
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 129.3 mg
- Sodium 128.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 17.7 g