Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spicy, tasty shrimp! Don't attempt to make without the SMOKED paprika ... it makes the dish and regular paprika won't taste the same at all. Good on a buffet, but will result in fewer servings when served as an entree. Recipe can easily be cut in half. Adapted from Bon Appetit.
- nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 3 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch triangles
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- Spray two 13x9x2-inch metal baking pans with nonstick spray. Mix shrimp, peppers, oil, garlic, smoked paprika, and cayenne in a large bowl to coat.
- Divide mixture between prepared pans, arranging shrimp in single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. If desired, you can prepare ahead to this point, cover and chill up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Roast shrimp 10 minutes. Turn shrimp; sprinkle with oregano. Roast until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 7 minutes longer.
- Transfer shrimp and peppers to a platter. Place pans over 2 burners on medium heat. Add half of the sherry to each pan; boil until reduced by half, scraping up the browned bits, about 2 minutes. Drizzle over shrimp and serve warm or at room temperature.