Recipe by Megohm
A fantastic marinade my fiancée and I came up with one cold, cold night. Robust (but not too robust!), rich and very tender steak. Great for sirloins and prime rib. Easy, too! Our favorite. Note: Try to use the best coffee you can - your steaks will like it. (Marinating time is cooking time)
Top Review by whtbxrmom
I marinated steaks over night using this recipe. My pepper wasn't very hot. While I didn't eat any, my family felt it was okay but didn't have much flavor. If I made this again, I would have to do some tweaking to make it more to my family's tastes.
- 2 cups coffee, very strong brew, cooled
- 1⁄2 head garlic
- 1⁄3 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and rough cut
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor or mortar and pestle, mash/pulse the garlic, onion, chili pepper and olive olive together, till smooth, but still somewhat chunky.
- Put it a large bowl or a large freezer bag.
- Stir in Worcestershire, sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, pepper, and then coffee.
- Swish it all together, then add your steaks, and let marinate for anywhere between 4 and 24 hours.