Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
There seems to be only few recipes for the rabbit in the Czech Republic, although almost every household at a village used to raise rabbits. This is one of them.
- Heat the oven to 325°F/170°C/ gas 3.
- Grease the baking pan with some lard, leaving the rest for the rabbit.
- Clean the rabbit and salt generously.
- Rub the rabit with the crushed garlic and place in in the pan.
- Add the remaining lard between the legs of the rabbit and on the top. Add the water into the pan.
- Place the rabbit into the heated oven and bake until golden, approximately 90 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Check the rabbit often and pour the gravies over the meat to prevent the meat beeing too dry.