- 4 boneless rib-eye steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 -8 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Cook the steaks for 2 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145*; medium, 160*; well done, 170*) Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook the garlic in 1 tablespoon butter for 2 minutes. Remove garlic and set aside. Add mushrooms and remaining butter to skillet; saute for 5 minutes. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over high heat until liquid is absorbed. Add reserved garlic. Serve over steaks.