Recipe by Dib's
This a great rub for grilling-just marinate the steak first in lime juice and tequila.
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano (if you can find it)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted
- 8 whole allspice berries
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 head garlic, oven roasted until soft
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a spice mill or coffee grinder grind together oregano, cumin, allspice and cloves to a fine powder.
- When garlic is cool to handle peel and pop out.
- In a blender or processor combine spices and garlic.
- Add coriander, mint, salt and pepper.
- Pulse on and off until mixture is coarse and crumbly.
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until completely dry.
- (150 to 200*) Store in a jar.
- Miller, for this rub I pre soak the steak for 20-30 minutes in fresh lime juice and a shot of tequila, then the rub.