Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Before this recipe, I had never thought to try these trio of ingredients together with chicken. I haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait to. Let me know what you think!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Combine the garlic, wine, Worcestershire sauce, 1 Tbs of the oil, and lemon juice and marinate the chicken for at least 15 minutes, preferably a bit longer and up to 1 day.
- Heat the remaining oil or a mixture of oil and butter in a large skillet. Mix together the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow pie pan or something similar. Take the chicken from the marinade (but save the marinade!) and dredge it in the flour mix. Saute the chicken in the oil/butter mix until browned on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- Mix the honey in with the marinade. Pour this over the chicken, cover, and simmer 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is done.
- Serve over pasta or rice for a more filling meal.
Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe ladywisconsin. It was quick and easy to make, with ingredients that we always have on hand. I marinaded the chicken for 24 hours. It was tender and tasty. It made a lovely comfort meal with mashed potatoes and peas.
I was surprised hpw good this chicken tasted. We will definatly be making this again!