Recipe by Dancer^
Also makes a tasty vegetable dip, sandwich spread, or dressing for baked potatoes. Diabetic, Low-Fat
- 1 head garlic
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt, strained into a cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt, freshly ground
- loaf Italian bread, sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap the garlic head in aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 375F oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and press the baked garlic until all the flesh squeezes out. You should have 1 heaping tablespoon of puree. .
- Bring the sun-dried tomatoes to a boil in a small amount of water.
- Let sit for 15 minutes, then drain on paper towels. Chop finely when dried.
- Combine all the ingredients except the bread with a wire whisk.
- Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes. If using the bread, lightly toast the slices on a baking sheet at 325F for 15 minutes.