Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 mins
I designed this delicious sounding dish For the Fish & Seafood Forum Wild Card, Mixing Pot Challenge ZWT6.
- 1 lb extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch sea salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch dry crushed red pepper (optional, for added heat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon creamed honey or 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- parsley sprig (to garnish)
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
- Mix all ingredients except the lemon wedges & parsley springs in a zip-lock bag.
- Marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Grill on high heat for 5-6 minutes turning to char all sides.
- Serve garnished with lemon wedges and parsley springs.
Followed instructions as listed with Gigantico Tiger Shrimp. Just as I was about to grill them on the BBQ it started pouring rain, so I cooked them in the oven and they turned out lovely!!!! Thanks for sharing your lovely recipe!! Will make these again.
Wonderful way to marinate shrimp! We had this for our wedding anniversary and enjoyed it a lot! Thanks for posting.
Very good and very easy. I served these as appetizers. Made for ZWT #6 - Family Picks.