Recipe by Rita~
A great way to lightly flavor your food from the inside. Anything that can be "skewered" will have a little extra flavor. The possibilities are endless. This is one of many choices. Check out my others.
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
Very good! I was surprised at how much flavor these actually gave to the food. I used them for shrimp and they had a nice subtle but noticable flavor. Thanks, Rita.
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh sage, bruised
- fresh ground black pepper
- 12 -24 wooden skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade and pour into a a small cookie sheet pan to ft the wooden skewers.
- Soak the skewers in liquid for one hour.
- Then skewer your choice of food, fish, chicken, tofu, vegetables, cook on the grill or indoors if you prefer. A little trick so the skewers don`t burn is to hang them over the edge of the grill or wrap them in foil.