Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is such a quick, easy, nutritious, and inexpensive side dish. I'm not a huge fan of cooked spinach, but this is tasty. From the cheap and easy cookbook.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (bottled is fine)
- 566.99 g spinach leaves, washed (bagged is fine)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a 4 quart saucepan and saute the garlic for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add the spinach and stir constantly.
- When the spinach is completely wilted, turn off the heat.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges over the spinach and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, these are best hot.
Mmm...I had some beautiful, locally grown spinach so I've decided to give this recipe a try. I'm glad I did, because it was a big hit. I doubled the amount of garlic (personal preference) and it was perfect. Also, the addition of lemon was a nice touch. Thank you.
Simple and yummy!
I make this same recipe often. I love the tang of the lemon, but some people don't, so I put wedges out and let others add if they wish. I do use more garlic, but I love garlic. Be sure not to burn the garlic or it gives the whole dish a strange flavor. If you have it hanging around, a few cooked, crumbled pieces of bacon strewn over the top enhances this dish to another level.