Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 slices French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (thick slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add bread cubes, and toss to coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet.
- 3 Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp and dry.
- Check frequently to prevent burning.
I used some garlic butter I already had made up (about 1 teaspoon of garlic to each tablespoon butter) and some stale crusty country style bread. These took 10 minutes to cook at 175C in a fan forced oven. Nice and crunchy and garlicky. We will have to rest with recipe #68951 tonight for tea. Thank you LikeItLoveIt, made for Revised Bargain Basement Game.
Nice and crunchy, but too bland for me.