1/1 Photo of Garlic Crouton Cups With Pesto Caesar and Parmesan Crisps
Try this unique and delicious take on a traditional Caesar Salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slices firm white bread, crusts removed
- olive oil or olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh ground black pepper
- DOLE Hearts of Romaine, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Pesto Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 6 teaspoons shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 2Brush or spray each slice of bread lightly with olive oil. Combine garlic salt and dried basil. Sprinkle mixture over both sides of the bread. Season each with pepper.
- 3Flatten bread slightly with rolling pin. Gently press each slice into a muffin cup, allowing edges to hang over cup.
- 4Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven; cool.
- 5For the Pesto Caesar Salad Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients until blended. Toss with DOLE Hearts of Romaine. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- 6Toss lettuce with dressing; spoon into Garlic Crouton Cups.
- 7For the Parmesan Crisps: Heat oven to 350 degrees F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mound Parmesan in 1/2 teaspoonfuls on the prepared sheet. Bake 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Let cool 1 minute.
- 8Garnish with toasted pine nuts and a Parmesan Crisp. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Crouton Cups With Pesto Caesar and Parmesan Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.4
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 202.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: