For serious garlic lovers only! I know... these sound just too weird to make, but really, if you're the adventurous sort and you think there's no such thing as "too much garlic," you'll want to try these. I got the recipe on the somewhere on the net years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drop garlic cloves into boiling water for about 5 minutes until tender; peel cloves and chop, then soak in maple syrup for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 2While cloves are soaking, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- 3Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt, then add to cream mixture; stir the chocolate chips into the mixture (you can add a 1/2 cup of chopped nuts at this time, if you like).
- 4Pour the garlic and syrup through a strainer, draining the syrup, and add the chopped cloves to cookie batter; stir well.
- 5Drop the cookie batter by tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned (careful not to overcook!).
- 7Remove from oven and cool on racks.
- 8Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.5
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 83.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g