Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
For serious garlic lovers only! I know... these sound just too weird to make, but really, if you're the adventurous sort and you think there's no such thing as "too much garlic," you'll want to try these. I got the recipe on the somewhere on the net years ago.
- Drop garlic cloves into boiling water for about 5 minutes until tender; peel cloves and chop, then soak in maple syrup for 20 to 30 minutes.
- While cloves are soaking, cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt, then add to cream mixture; stir the chocolate chips into the mixture (you can add a 1/2 cup of chopped nuts at this time, if you like).
- Pour the garlic and syrup through a strainer, draining the syrup, and add the chopped cloves to cookie batter; stir well.
- Drop the cookie batter by tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned (careful not to overcook!).
- Remove from oven and cool on racks.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
This has to be the worst recipe I've ever tried but just had to try it out of curiosity. No words to describe just how bad it was. Don't waste your time.
Tasty! I loved having my guests guess the "secret" ingredient.