Garlic Chicken With Cheese.
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Butter an 11 x 7-inch pan (if using more than 4 breasts use a larger pan).
- In a bowl, combine melted butter with fresh minced garlic, garlic powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs with 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and coarse ground black pepper.
- Dip chicken in butter mixture; then in crumb mixture.
- Place in prepared pan and bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes (placing the chicken on a rack in a pan will produce an extra crispy crust).
- **NOTE** for moist tender breasts cooking time should take no more than at the most 35 minutes unless they are very large then you might have to add on a couple extra minutes).
- Top with shredded cheddar or mozzarella the last 5 minutes of cooking (this is only optional.).
- **Note** Bake uncovered the full time for a crispier coating.