Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Baked chicken breast with asparagus spears rolled inside and topped with sliced mushrooms and whole garlic cloves. Suggestions: If you really like garlic, double the amount. To make the chicken spicy, simply sprinkle with cayenne pepper prior to baking.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 20 fresh asparagus spears (not canned)
- 1⁄2 lb sliced cremini mushroom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Pound the chicken breasts flat.
- Lay five asparagus spears across each chicken breast. Roll chicken over the asparagus and insert a tooth pick to secure the edge. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Place in baking dish. Cover with sliced mushrooms and garlic cloves. Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes. Let stand for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Serve with steamed vegetables or leafy green salad.
This recipe was alright but I found it very bland.
I also covered this baked and didn't have too much trouble with the asparagus drying out. However, I omitted the mushrooms and perhaps it was this that made me think this dish was a little bland when you didn't have garlic on a bite and strong if you did. It's AMAZING if you sprinkle some mozzarella and gouda cheese on it however -- AMAZING. I think I will also crush the larger cloves a little with the flat side of a knife next time to make sure they get a bit softer and release more flavor.
This was an easy recipe with top marks for presentation! I used regular mushrooms that I thinly slices. The only problem that I had was that when i baked this dish the asparagus dried out at the ends so I will bake it covered next time. I did top the chicken with Blender Hollandaise Sauce recipe#91452 which of course really added to the fat in the dish, but hey it was delicious, lol! My Father in Law practically inhaled the meal and my Mother In law asked for the recipe, a sure sign of a winner, thanks!