Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe is from "Ambrosia". The cookbook is from Vicksburg, MS. Excellent dish for breakfast! Great variation to "plain jane" grits. Delicious!
- 7 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 2 (6 ounce) rolls processed cheese with garlic
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- Stir in salt and grits.
- Return to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer until grits are done, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Press grits into greased 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
- Cover and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Cut into squares if desired.