Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 12 slices texas toast or 1 loaf French bread, sliced through the middle
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients for the spread in a small bowl.
- Smear spread generously on one side of each slice of texas toast or on the face of each half of French bread loaf.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese begins to brown and bubble.
The meager amount of garlic that the recipe calls for is barely detectable, but it's a great cheesy bread, so it did not go to waste at all. It's certainly worth a repeat performance, but it needs a kick in the pants from some more garlic.
Pretty good! I, too, think it could have used a little more garlic - or maybe real garlic instead of the powder. Either way, it was still good & the texas toast toasted up very nicely on a cookie sheet in the oven.
this may be my new fave :) awesome! thanks Dancer!