Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I LOVE Red Lobster's GC Biscuits, so I wanted to try to make them at home. A friend of mine found me a drop biscuit recipe and then I added to it. These didn't last long that's for sure!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic salt, depends on your taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Stir in milk and 1/2 cup butter just until moistened. Add Cheese.
- Drop batter by tablespoon on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Meanwhile, add garlic salt to remaining melted butter.
- Bake buscuits for 6 minutes.
- Remove biscuits, drizzle with garlic butter and return to oven for another 6-7 minutes, or edges are golden.
- After removing from oven but while still warm drizzle with garlic butter again.
- Serve and enjoy!
We used the higher amounts of cheese and garlic because we like both. Unfortunately, it made them too salty. Next time I think I will use 1/2 garlic salt and add some garlic powder so we get all the garlic flavor without making them so salty. Otherwise they were good. I will make them again, tweaking a little bit, and will repost letting you know my results.
These were good! I halfed the recipe. It was pretty quick too! I made too go along with a baked ham, mashed potatoes, and green beans. My husband took one bite and said, "That's what I am talking about!"