2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I freeze this in ice cube trays and use it to saute veggies or any dish that calls for stock or broth I even add 1 cube to soup stock just for the flavor. The recipe can be doubled and freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400° F.
- 2Cut tops off garlic, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Wrap in foil and place in oven.
- 4Roast until garlic is golden and caramelized, about 45 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven and let cool.
- 6Heat chicken stock in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 7Add thyme sprigs, bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Squeeze garlic cloves into saucepan.
- 9Keep broth warm over medium-low heat, about 45 minutes.
- 10Strain broth through a fine sieve lined with cheesecloth and return to pan.
- 11Keep warm over low heat.
- 12Heat to boiling just before serving.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Broth
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.5
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 262.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: