Recipe by Dancer^
I freeze this in ice cube trays and use it to saute veggies or any dish that calls for stock or broth I even add 1 cube to soup stock just for the flavor. The recipe can be doubled and freezes well.
- 2 heads garlic
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves, torn in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Cut tops off garlic, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap in foil and place in oven.
- Roast until garlic is golden and caramelized, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Heat chicken stock in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add thyme sprigs, bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Squeeze garlic cloves into saucepan.
- Keep broth warm over medium-low heat, about 45 minutes.
- Strain broth through a fine sieve lined with cheesecloth and return to pan.
- Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat to boiling just before serving.