Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sonoma Diet, Wave 1.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- fresh mint sprig (optional)
- For marinade, in a blender combine mint leaves, lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, chili powder, pepper, and garlic. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Place chicken in a self-sealing plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. For a charcoal grill, place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink (170°F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) If desired, garnish with mint sprigs.