Recipe by Sharon123
Grilled vegetables are always a special treat. Give the veggies a little time to marinate to soak up lots of extra flavor. From the South Beach Diet Cookbook.
Top Review by LouLouIzSpoiled
These went so good with our steak yesterday. I made Recipe #254778 and wanted something good to go with it. Cooked everything right out on the grill. The veggies had great flavor with the lemon and the spices. We loved them! Melissa
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 6 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large purple onion, halved and cut into 1 inch thick slices,other vegs may be used such as eggplant,zucchini or summer s
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a grill rack with cooking spray.
- Preheat the grill to medium hot (or use broiler).
- In a large bowl, combine the parsley, lemon juice, oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and salt.
- Add the roasted peppers, mushrooms, and onion and toss to coat well.
- (The mixture can be prepared ahead to this point and refrigerated for up to 2 days.).
- Place a vegetable basket or grill screen on the grill rack and place the vegetables on the basket or screen.
- Grill, turning often, for 15 minutes, or until very tender and lightly charred.