Grilled vegetables are always a special treat. Give the veggies a little time to marinate to soak up lots of extra flavor. From the South Beach Diet Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 6 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large purple onion, halved and cut into 1 inch thick slices,other vegs may be used such as eggplant,zucchini or summer s
- 1Coat a grill rack with cooking spray.
- 2Preheat the grill to medium hot (or use broiler).
- 3In a large bowl, combine the parsley, lemon juice, oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and salt.
- 4Add the roasted peppers, mushrooms, and onion and toss to coat well.
- 5(The mixture can be prepared ahead to this point and refrigerated for up to 2 days.).
- 6Place a vegetable basket or grill screen on the grill rack and place the vegetables on the basket or screen.
- 7Grill, turning often, for 15 minutes, or until very tender and lightly charred.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic and Lemon Grilled Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 151.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning
roasted red peppers