Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Grilled vegetables are always a special treat. Give the veggies a little time to marinate to soak up lots of extra flavor. From the South Beach Diet Cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 6 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large purple onion, halved and cut into 1 inch thick slices,other vegs may be used such as eggplant,zucchini or summer s
- Coat a grill rack with cooking spray.
- Preheat the grill to medium hot (or use broiler).
- In a large bowl, combine the parsley, lemon juice, oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and salt.
- Add the roasted peppers, mushrooms, and onion and toss to coat well.
- (The mixture can be prepared ahead to this point and refrigerated for up to 2 days.).
- Place a vegetable basket or grill screen on the grill rack and place the vegetables on the basket or screen.
- Grill, turning often, for 15 minutes, or until very tender and lightly charred.
These went so good with our steak yesterday. I made Lisa's Grilled Steak Marsala and wanted something good to go with it. Cooked everything right out on the grill. The veggies had great flavor with the lemon and the spices. We loved them! Melissa
I have 2 words for this recipe: oh, wow! I had some "technical difficulties", which had nothing to do with the recipe itself. My zucchini took significantly longer to cook than the mushrooms, peppers or onions. In fact, next time I don't think I will bother with them. I had multi colored mini peppers, which I did not bother to roast in advance (it seemed a bit redundant). I cut them into wide strips & they cooked just fine. The onions were very sweet & the mushrooms took on a subtle lemony flavor. I'm going to go buy a grill basket, as I will be serving this one often.
Excellent flavour, we really enjoyed this. The mushrooms really take on the lemon flavour. Thanks Sharon!