Recipe by The Obvious Cook
This lasagna is delicious and loaded with dietary Fiber and Protein. When cooking it it may seem like there is not enough noodles, but it ends up being delicious. The mixed vegetables I used included broccoli, onion, corn and mushrooms. Definitely let this recipe sit for 15 minutes before serving or you'll end up with a soupy mess. Enjoy!
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces low-fat low-sodium cottage cheese
- 26 ounces ragu light pasta sauce
- 6 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook, drain, and halve the four lasagna noodles crosswise.
- Thaw and dry your choice of chopped, frozen vegetables on paper towels.
- In small bowl, combine mozzarella cheese with Parmesan cheese. Remove 1/3 cup mixture; reserve. In medium bowl, combine cottage cheese with remaining mozzarella cheese mixture; set aside.
- In 8 x 8-inch baking dish, evenly spread 1/3 cup Pasta Sauce. Arrange 2 noodle halves over Sauce. Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture over noodles, then 1/3 of the vegetable mixture and 1/3 cup Sauce; repeat layers twice. Top with remaining 2 noodles and 1/3 cup Sauce.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with reserved cheese mixture. Bake uncovered an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.