Recipe by earuiz221
A Spanish dish that combines healthy Swiss chard, garbanzo beans and sausage (optional). This dish is great topped with extra olive oil and served with a side of rice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch swiss chard, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 link smoked kielbasa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a preheated pan saute the onion in the olive oil until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add Garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Swiss chard and cook until wilted and slightly soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add Garbanzo beans and sausage until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Salt to taste (the more garlic you use the less salt you will need).
- Flavor with extra olive oil when serving.
- We don't use sausage every time, usually just when we have it in the house.