Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious and fast soup gets you in and out the kitchen fast on weeknights.
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 can green chili
- 2 cans V8 vegetable juice (spicy)
- 1 can corn mixed with chopped peppers, drained
- 2 cups frozen southern style hash browns
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Add all ingredients to stock pot.
- Cook on medium heat for about 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Serve in soup bowls, and sprinkle with grated cheese and serve with warm tortillas or corn muffins.
This was fabulous! Super easy, delicious, amazing. Perfect for a cold winter's night. I increased the cumin and added some red pepper flakes, but that's all I changed!
another great soup! i could not find spicy v-8, so i used regular v-8 with a healthy shot of hot sauce. also cheated and cooked it on low in the crockpot.
This soup was lovely, very simple to make, because of this I didn't think it would be as nice as it was, as it was so easy... I used pepper flakes as I can't get canned chillies where I live (Barbados) and thought fresh chillies might be a bit strong - the hash brown is the secret ingredient and makes it smell lovely when cooking, a definate thumbs up!