24 hrs 10 mins
These cookies are heaven! The gooey center will make you melt, and if you can bring yourself to share them, you'll become the talk of the town. This recipe is an original creation, and now officially my favorite cookie ever. The ganache will have to refrigerate overnight, and it's best to let the cookie dough chill overnight as well. The ganache recipe will make 1 cup of filling, but you can make larger batches if desired, it keeps nearly forever in the fridge, and will save a lot of time for future batches of cookies. I have edited the recipe to include 1ts of baking soda in the dough to help with the rise, per the review's suggestion. Yield varies on size of cookie. This recipe isn't fast, but it's worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (I use bittersweet)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 -3 teaspoon sugar (depending on personal tastes)
- 1 -2 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or rum for a 'big kid' flavor)
- 2Bring the cream and sugar to a light boil, being careful not to burn it.
- 3Add butter, vanilla, and chocolate chips.
- 4Stir constantly until all chocolate is melted and mixture is completely smooth. Be careful not to burn it.
- 5Place in a covered container (I reuse 8-16 oz jars) and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Cookie Dough:.
- 7In large mixer bowl; cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 8Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- 9In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups flour, cocoa, baking powder & soda, and salt; gradually blend into creamed butter mixture. Continue adding flour, 1 tbs at a time, until the dough becomes a smooth, well combined ball. Allow dough to chill at least 3 hours, but overnight is preferred.
- 10Once dough and ganache have chilled overnight, start by prepping the ganache balls.
- 11Create 1/2 inch balls of chocolate. If desired, roll balls of chocolate in powdered sugar, finely ground coffee, or a 50/50 mixture of the two.
- 12Now, create a 1 inch ball of cookie dough, then flatten it out to a 1/4 thick, palm sized pancake. Place a ganache ball in the center of the cookie dough, and wrap it up so the ganache is surrounded in dough.
- 13Place dough balls 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Allow to cool at least 10 minutes, and be careful of hot ganache when eating warm from the oven.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ganache Filled Chocolate Cookies - from Scratch
Serving Size: 1 (1355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.5
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 139.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g