Recipe by Brian Holley
A cooked version of that old party favourite cheese and pineapple on sticks. Even my wife can cook this, it's that easy. Served with sautéed potatoes or chips and broccoli.
- 1 gammon steak, per person
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple slices (rings)
- cheese slice
- 1 ounce butter
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 glass sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- tomato ketchup
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the gammon steaks with the salt and pepper.
- Drain the pineapple, save the juice.
- Heat the butter and oil in a skillet and fry the steaks on both sides till just done, set aside to keep warm.
- Fry the pineapple slices till golden, set aside.
- Stir the flour into the pan and add the juice and sherry, bring to the boil, reduce heat simmer till sauce thicken.
- Place a slice of cheese on each steak then a slice of the pineapple, fill the centre of the pineapple slice with ketchup.
- Serve with the sauce on the side.