Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I make these when I want something quick and easy so I can just kick back and watch the baseball game on TV. Good with a bag of potato chips
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 hamburger buns (for serving)
- sliced American cheese (for serving) (optional)
- Cook and stir beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic in a skillet until beef is brown and onion is tender. Drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except buns & cheese.
- Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve on buns.
- Top meat with a slice of American cheese if desired.