Recipe by Lainey39
These tasty sandwiches can be made ahead; they travel well, also. Feel free to substitute other meats and cheeses to mix it up.
- 1 large crusty Italian bread
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large scallion, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds or 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb deli ham, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb colby-monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice bread in half lengthwise.
- Melt the butter and mix in the mustard, scallion, poppy seeds or sesame seeds, horseradish and pepper.
- Brush over both sides of bread.
- Layer ham and cheese on bottom half and place other half of bread on top to form sandwich.
- Cut into 3-inch portions.
- Wrap up tightly in foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Unwrap sandwich and serve.