Recipe by Member #610488
SPANISH TAPAS RECIPE: Recipe from the Restaurante Carballeira in Barcelona, Spain. Dates from the '60's era and is from my grandmother's recipe box. Quick, easy and if you are doing it in front of guests, kind of impressive.
- 1 lb shrimp (in the shell)
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place shrimp in a bowl, add salt and toss so that each shrimp is coated with some of the salt.
- Heat a very heavy skillet until drops of water thrown in bounce around on the bottom. Add shrimp and stir or shake the pan to keep them from sticking.
- After 2 minutes add the 4 tbsp of olive oil. Cook for about 5 min or until shrimp are tender (depends on size). Remove to serving platter.
- Mix parsley, garlic and the 1 tbsp of olive oil and serve with the shrimp for dunking.