1 hr 2 mins
These coconut peanut cookies were named for a Grand Dutchess of Russia after her wedding. The cookies are popular all over the world, but particularly through Spain and South and Central America. From the Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup coconut (flaked or shredded sweetened)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup peanuts (chopped, unsalted, roasted, skinless)
- 1Position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats (If you only have 1 baking sheet, let it cool completely between batches).
- 2Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl.
- 3Melt the butter in medium saucepan over low heat, remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the brown sugar with a wooden spoon (the sugar will get soft and saucy, but there may still be a layer of butter on top; don't worry, the mixture comes together as you add the rest of the ingredients).
- 4Stir in the egg, then the flour mixture, taking care not to overmix.
- 5Stir in the coconut, oats and nuts to make a textured cookie dough.
- 6Set aside until it gets to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- 7Using a tablespoon-sized cookie scoop, or a tablespoon,scoop balls of the dough onto the prepared pans, arranging them about 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake until the cookies are golden brown with toasted edges, about 12 minutes.
- 8Cool cookies in the pans for a couple minutes then transfer with a spatula to racks to cool.
- 9BAKERS TIPS:.
- 10You can store unshaped dough for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Store the cookies in airtight containers for up to a week. Freeze for 1 month for longer storage.
Nutritional Facts for Galletas Maria
Serving Size: 1 (861 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1169.8
- Calories from Fat 665
- Total Fat 73.9 g
- Saturated Fat 41.8 g
- Cholesterol 165.0 mg
- Sodium 918.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 49.0 g
- Protein 21.1 g