Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like you can add a drop of food coloring. This is wonderful on a sandwich, with roast beef or any meat or veggie. I don't care for it on Orange sherbet but most other things I do!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated,peeled & minced
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 ounces liquid pectin
- In a large saucepan combine butter& garlic.
- Cook stirring constantly until the garlic is light& golden in color (3-4 Minutes).
- Add sugar& vinegar, stirring until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in the pectin.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim foam from the top of jelly.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
My house smells soooo good and yummy! We couldn't wait for it to cool completely so we smeared it on roasted garlic triskets. Wow!! I followed the directions exactly and have to say this is another wonderful recipe from Bergy. I love this!
The house smelled wonderful when I made this. I only used 1 pouch of pectin for the first batch and it was very tacky and thick. The second batch turned out much, much better. I used 2 cups of cider vinegar (instead of 1/2 cup), and still only used 1 pouch of pectin. It's very good, though I may add a bit more garlic for batch #3.
If only there were 10 stars to give this recipe! I could eat the whole jar myself in one sitting. Super easy to make and you can change the garlic taste with different varieties. Perfect on a wheat thin...or 50! I will cut the pectin back to 4.5 oz next time for a little looser jelly, mine set up a little tacky.