Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here on Grosse Ile, MI I make our state champion girl golfers this sandwich for their meets and they keep requesting it over and over. They're so good that I had to stop putting these in my daughters lunch because her sandwiches would get swiped-and no one elses!
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 8 slices of a good dense bread (Cracker Barrel's is great)
- butter or margarine
- 1 leaf lettuce
- Mix dressing, lime juice and honey together.
- Place chicken in a gallon ziplock plastic bag and cover with marinade.
- Close bag and marinate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight in the fridge.
- Grill or braise chicken until cooked.
- Spread both sides of bread with butter and pan fry or grill each side until golden.
- Assemble sandwiches with chicken, mayo and lettuce.