Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Western Africa - a tasty combination of squash, yams, and coconut milk.
Make and share this Futari recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb winter squash, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes (hubbard squash is recommended, sweet pumpkin can also be used)
- 1 -2 lb yam, peeled and cut into bite-sized cubes (or sweet potatoes)
- oil, to saute
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Fry onion in skillet, stir and cook until tender.
- Stir in all other ingredients, and heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and stir occasionally. Cook until vegetables are tender (ten to fifteen minutes).
Pretty much followed the recipe, but I didn't peel the yam, since I enjoy the taste of the peel! The recipe was easy & came together in no time at all, for A VERY TASTY SIDE! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegan partners in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 4]
This was a great way to finally use the acorn squash I've been hanging onto for awhile now! Yummy was to prepare winter squashes and yams or sweet pots. EASY too! thank you.
Too sweet for us.