Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from here = http://italianfood.about.com/od/pastabasics/ig/The-Pasta-Shapes-Gallery/Fusilli-Bucati.htm It doesn't look like this recipe has been shared yet and it looks amazing. Times are estimates only as I have yet to try this recipe.
- 350 g fusilli, bucati
- 8 artichokes
- 100 g speck (diced) or 100 g pancetta (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano
- 1 sprig fresh marjoram
- Strip away the tough outer leaves of the artichokes and thinly slice the hearts.
- Crush the cloves of garlic, and cook them with the sliced artichokes and the marjoram in a pot with a little water; when they artichokes are tender remove them from the fire and discard the garlic and the marjoram.
- Blend half the artichokes with half the oil and a little water to obtain a cream.
- Heat the remaining oil and toast the speck or pancetta; when the pieces are toasted drain them on absorbent paper.
- Salt the pasta water and cook the pasta.
- Divide the artichoke puree evenly among your plates, drain the pasta and divvy it up too, then sprinkle the pasta with the remaining ingredients, saving some of the Parmigiano for use at table, and serve with a zesty white wine.