Recipe by MarraMamba
Ohhh.. loaded potato skins in a cake..and make ahead to if you want! If making ahead warm in a 375 degree oven for 10 mins. Addictive. Use a waxy potato if you cant get yukon gold/yellow flesh
Top Review by teresas
We really enjoyed the flavor...I left the skin on...it does taste like a potato skin...hubby and I both were expecting more of a crisp coating...we enjoyed it with the sour cream and salsa...made for "For Your Consideration" tag game...
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (approximate)
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crispy, drain and set aside.
- place potatoes and garlic into a pot of water, bring to a boil. Boil about 20 minutes until tender. Drain, return to the pot and mash together. Let cool slightly.
- Add cheese to potatoes, mash more to combine. Crumble bacon and stir into potatoes.
- Add green onions and pepper, egg and flour. stir until smooth and thick.
- Dust hands lightly with flour and using 1/2 c each form into patties 1/2 inch thick and 2 inches wide.
- Heat some oil in a non stick pan (i use just a tad of cooking spray) and fry patties in bunches, about 3 mins per side until golden and crispy.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.