Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great use for all that Halloween Candy. I made these with a girls club and they were a huge hit!
- 12 medium apples
- 12 wooden sticks
- 700 g caramels (about 100 pieces)
- 4 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 cup assorted decorative candies (jelly beans, gummy worms, smarties, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Wash, dry and skewer the aples onto the stick.
- Melt the caramel and evaporated milk together in a glass container and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Repeat at 30 second intervals until mixture is smooth.
- Plunge the apples into the caramel mixture and twist to coat evenly.
- Place them on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Press the candies into the warm caramel.
- Cool slightly in fridge to set candies.
- Melt chocolate chips, (you can also use orange candy melts)transfer to a ziploc bag.
- Cut off the end of the ziploc bag and drizzle chocolate over the apples.
- Eat and Enjoy :).
I made these for Halloween (sorry so late, trying to catch up on reviews). We liked them very much I just couldn't get the caramel to stay on the apples. It all slid off while cooling. I'm not done with this recipe, I will try again and just use a different approach. Kids loved them anyway as did us adults.....Stephanie
Thank you for this recipe. It would have worked wonderfully, if my kids had not, in all their wisdon (?) eaten most of the caramenls and lollies before starting to make these. But, they are still impressed and happily munching on their creations! :-)