Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour Butter mixture over popcorn.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Spread coated popcorn evenly on a jelly roll pan.
- Bake 10 minutes, stirring twice.
- WATCH CLOSELY TO PREVENT BURNING.
- Store in airtight container up to one week.
WOW, WOW and MORE WOW! Didn't know popcorn can be so much fun! Now you've given me the perfect recipe to make for the next kids' party I throw;-) THANK YOU, Auntie Charlotte! I'm sure your kids must love this, isn't it? I made these this evening in honour of my dad's right-hand guy, Reji, getting his Heavy Duty Truck Driving License this morning! I decided all of a sudden in the afternoon to throw a surprise party for him and the rest of the guys in office, and this was one of the recipes I picked up. I pre-heated my oven to 160 degrees C and baked these for 10 minutes, also at 160 degrees Celcius. I did grease the pan in which I baked these. Also, I did substitute the butter with margarine. I am EXTREMELY SORRY that I cannot follow your last step in this recipe. LOL. The thing is, these big boys have finished up everything in the dish;)Hahaha! Thank U again for this Marvellous recipe! Oh and my Mom would like to say THANK U, too! She equally enjoyed these and so did I:)
Yum! My husband and I enjoyed this popcorn for movie night. I'm keeping this recipe close for those sweet cravings, Thanks!
This was okay but not great. Reminded me a little of one of those chocolate cereals, like count chocula... not a really strong chocolate flavor. I probably won't make it again.